10 Things to Know Before You Build or Improve Your Backyard
1. Home improvements raise the property value.
It’s estimated that you can increase the value of your up by up to 80% of the cost for the garage in the first 10 years. However, the Nashville market is hot- homes are going for higher than ever. So increasing the property value of your home now, based on the current market you can cover costs if you were to sell same day! So whether you sell in 2 years or 10 you’re guaranteed to make money off of any home improvements.
2. Best way to invest your money and make a high return.
Want to invest your money in something that makes a guaranteed return? Home values in Middle Tennessee increased by 12.4% according to the Tennessee realtor association in 2021. Most 401K Investments return around 8-10%. So put your money in something that is very profitable instead of letting it sit in a bank account.
3. Middle Tennessee is seeing consistent growth, and home values continue to rise.
Middle Tennessee is growing by roughly 100 people per day; by the year 2040, the area is projected to have almost 3 million residents. This is all thanks to the region’s variety of industries, thriving economy, and acclaimed school system. Middle Tennessee has stellar business conditions for savvy entrepreneurs and classic Southern charm, making it the perfect place to work, live, and even start a new business. So when you go to sell there’s no doubt that you’ll find someone to buy your home quickly.
8. Make sure there is value behind where your money goes.
- Want money up front for materials that never showed up
- Pour slabs with no footings or rebar
- Start jobs and get reported by the city for breaking codes
- Frame decks with 2×6 joints instead of 2×8 – resulting in a sagging floor
- Suding clients for on-site injuries
- Walk away from a job
Affordable Building Concepts:
- We finish all jobs using proper materials and technique
- Use up-to-date techniques to build your structure to code
- Communicate with client about any issues as they arise
- Wants to make every customer happy!
- Doesn’t take payments upfront
9. Building materials keep increasing in price, don’t wait to start your project.
You’ve probably noticed increasing prices with lumber. However, playing Russian roulette and waiting around for prices to decrease could really cost you in the long run. Typically goods and services never decrease in price due to inflation. Book your project before more time passes!
10. Make sure you follow these guidelines when choosing a contractor
Whether you buy from us or not, for your protection as a consumer do the following:
- Make sure your contractor is licensed, bonded and insured
- Ask for a copy of insurance as a holder
- Ask for references and check them
- Avoid giving money upfront
- Make sure you get a clear and detailed estimate
- Make sure you have a signed contract